Hornet Cars will be divided into two classes, known as A and B division.
The point system and race line-up act. Will remain unchanged.
B division will be consisted of cars with an advertised horse power rate from the manufacture of 139 or less.
Cars 140 horse power and more will be in the A division, additionally any Integra’s will automatically be in the A division. No V tech’s allowed, v-tech engines must have the v techs eliminated.
All cars are to have mufflers, and exhausts must extend past the rear axle, and face 90 degrees onto the race track surface.
Batteries, can be moved onto the front passenger floor, and must be mounted securely in a boat style battery box to prevent spillage.
All rules will be unchanged and enforced.
We will set up a rule inspection group to assist in compliance, if you would like to assist with this task, please e-mail Paul.
The Hornet Car Amendments can be downloaded by clicking here.
4 cylinder car with a maximum wheel base of 103.5" No rotary engine cars, no 4-cylinder Ford Fairmonts, no Turbos, no All Wheel Drives Allowed. Complete stock Steel body, interior, frame and suspension. NO bracing anywhere except inside the drivers compartment.
1.Engines must remain stock and must be the same model of engine that the car originally came with.
2. Rollbars: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Either a single hoop rollover bar or a 2" OD pipe or equivalent steel upright, with steel mounting plates min. 1/4" thick and 12" x 12" on each end. Mounted vertical from roof to floor pan, located behind the drivers seat. A second upright may be mounted in front of the front passenger seat. Rollbars and Uprights must be bolted with 4 or more min. 1/2" bolts with large washers per plate to the floor pan and roof.
3. Drivers door must be welded or chained shut. Must have drivers side door reinforcement, with a minimum of a 6" C channel or equivalent bolted to the outside of the door with 1/2" bolts. Door bar must have beveled or rounded ends. . Passenger door must be chained or otherwise firmly secured, but still may be able to be open. All sunroof openings must be covered over with 26 ga. or thicker sheet metal or mesh.
4. Steering and Pedals must remain completely stock for make and model of car. All insulation under hood must be removed.
5.Springs: Cutting, heating or tampering with springs is not allowed. All four springs must be STOCK to what your car originally came with. Ride height rule for hornet cars will be 6 ½ Inches. Measured from all areas of the car body, except for exhaust systems. Must be the same on both sides of the car.
Minimum allowable ride height 6.5"
6. Stock carburetor or fuel injection for that make and model.
7. Stock Transmission for that make and model.
8. Stock Exhaust manifold for that make and model. MUFFLERS MANDATORY. Car may not exceed 90db at 100'
9. Battery must be securely fastened and remain under hood. Battery mounting on passenger floor in secure battery box allowed, but an inactive battery must be mounted in stock location.
10. Stock unaltered rear end for that make and model.
11. Approved DOT 60 series or larger passenger tires only. NO cambering permitted, even on models that have stock camber adjustment capacity. Wheels and tires must be of like size. NO low profile-type tires. No NU tread or racing style tires. Minimum 400 tread wear tires, this information must be visible on the tire.
12. Gas Tank
a) If stock gas tank is ahead of rear axle it may remain in place. A fuel cell or plastic boat tank 6.6 gallon maximum) is RECOMMENDED Subject to tech
b) If stock gas tank is behind rear axle, it must be replaced with a fuel cell or plastic boat tank (6.6 gallon maximum). RECOMENDED
c) Fuel cell/boat tanks must be covered, secured and located in trunk, minimum 1" drain holes required in trunk pan.
13. All glass (except front windshield) must be removed.
15. Approved helmets, gloves and long sleeved garments required. (No Nylon)
16. Seat belts are mandatory 2" minimum. 5 point harness HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
17. Cars must be painted a bright colour, NO black, dark blue/green/purple/brown etc. Your car should be painted such that it is easy to spot.
18. Car numbers on doors MUST be at least 20" tall in a highly contrasting color. Roof numbers must be at least 20" in height on a contrasting background. If we cannot read the number you will not be scored. Crude spray painted signs and numbers are not acceptable.
19. No two way radio communications between driver and/or pits/grandstands.
20. Line-ups are at the discretion of Track Officials.